The Annual Hampshire and Wessex Primary History Conference takes place on 14th March 2018.
This conference will give subject leaders the opportunity to:
- Explore engaging teaching approaches and best practice in primary history.
- Explore ways of leading history to ensure children’s progress across the school
- Keep abreast of national and local developments
- Engage in practical workshops that focus on specific topics, units or historical skills and which offer useable ideas and resources.
- Find out about other sources of support, planned training events and new and existing resources.
Our Guest speaker in 2018 is Sharon Sheehan: filmmaker.
Sharon is currently making a feature about the pioneering palaeontologist Mary Anning. Mary was a fossil hunter who made numerous important contributions to science, arising from her lifelong exploration of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset. Many of her fossil finds are on display at the Natural History Museum, and they helped change the way scientists think about prehistoric species. Mary makes a great Local Study for KS1 or KS2, as well as a special KS1 study.
Read more here
Please click here to book your place.