Moodle+ Preview Resources
In the history Moodle+
you will find advice and resources developed by the HIAS history team to
support the improvement of history provision in your school from KS1-4.
Our history team will continue to develop and regularly
share new materials on the site to support the aims of the National Curriculum.
These resources will ensure our teaching equips children and young people to ask perceptive
questions, think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments, and develop curiosity,
perspective and judgement in forming
their historical framework that is both diverse and complex.
- leadership and management advice on how to help all colleagues understand what best practice in history teaching looks like
- a range of materials to support effective curriculum planning
- best practice examples, activities and other ideas for teaching historical knowledge and conceptual historical thinking through effective enquiry
- materials to ensure progression, raising aspiration and attainment for all children and young people across the key stages
- strategies and resources to improve memory and literacy in history
- articles which bring research and educational thinking about the wider purposes of history education together with pedagogical ideas to support teaching and outstanding classroom practice.
Subscription costs 2023-24
Moodle+ subscription prices for this year will remain unchanged. The subscription fees enable us to maintain the sites and add new content regularly:
- Hampshire Maintained schools with 2023/24 HTLC subscription: £350
- Hampshire Maintained schools without an HTLC subscription: £420
- Non Hampshire Maintained schools with 2023/24 HTLC subscription: £350 + VAT
- Non Hampshire Maintained schools without an HTLC subscription: £510 + VAT
If you would like to take out a subscription, please complete this form. Once your application has been processed, we will be in touch to advise your school's login details.
Please click on the hyperlinks below to view the documents:
An exemplar six step enquiry plan – KS2 enquiry for local study
A sample additional History HITS engaging teaching strategy with support resources.
- Lessons that will bring your curriculum up to date and more representative of historical diversity
- Guidance on planning an effective curriculum
- Guidance on effective pedagogy for example on building disciplinary knowledge and literacy
For further information and queries regarding Moodle+, please contact HTLCDev@hants.gov.uk