Moodle+ Preview Resources
In the history Moodle+
you will find advice and resources developed by the HIAS history team to
support the improvement of history provision in your school from KS1-4.
Our history team will continue to develop and regularly
share new materials on the site to support the aims of the National Curriculum.
These resources will ensure our teaching equips children and young people to ask perceptive
questions, think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments, and develop curiosity,
perspective and judgement in forming
their historical framework that is both diverse and complex.
These will include:
- leadership and management advice on how to help all colleagues understand what best practice in history teaching looks like
- a range of materials to support effective curriculum planning
- best practice examples, activities and other ideas for teaching historical knowledge and conceptual historical thinking through effective enquiry
- materials to ensure progression, raising aspiration and attainment for all children and young people across the key stages
- strategies and resources to improve memory and literacy in history
- articles which bring research and educational thinking about the wider purposes of history education together with pedagogical ideas to support teaching and outstanding classroom practice.
The sample materials included on the Moodle+ preview site are outlined below:
A sample six step enquiry plan – KS1 enquiry Seaside holidays in the past
An exemplar six step enquiry plan – KS2 enquiry for local study
A sample additional History HITS engaging teaching strategy with support resources.
A presentation on why your history curriculum should be enquiry led
Principles of High Quality Enquiry Work that underpin the teaching of history and the example resources in this sample